The mission of the Domestic Violence Program within the Public Defender Service Corporation is to safeguard the People of Guam from family violence, through court proceedings brought on their behalf by the Public Defender Service Corporation.
Our services include the following:
- FREE legal representation for victims of family violence on a walk-in basis.
- For those who exceed our income guidelines, the Public Defender Service Corporation will assist you until protective orders are obtained.
- Obtaining appropriate restraining orders to protect victims of family violence
- Referral services to appropriate agencies for counseling, child support, criminal sexual conduct, child protective services, etc.
- Continuous victim representation to assure that the court’s protective orders and other orders are enforced.